Ocean Park Mechanical is one of the premier design-build mechanical contractors of Western USA and Western Canada, with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, and British Columbia. Specializing in value added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible.
With projects ranging from low rise wood frame construction to high-rise residential, hotels, and offices, as well as industrial and commercial projects, we have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service possible for our clients. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D-design, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
We are looking for an experienced Estimator to provide quantity take-offs and estimating for high-rise residential projects located along the West Coast. The Estimator can work both independently and within a team environment of Project Managers, Purchasing and Engineering, be aware of all aspects of work scope, and be extremely detail-oriented.
Duties will include:
- Cost estimating and quantity take off
- Review and analyze material costs for purchase
- Manage change orders and subcontractor invoices
- Review work orders and shop drawings
- Confer with project team, contractors and suppliers to resolve any construction problems
- Self-motivated, with initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Thoughtful and confident decision making and high ethical standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think and react quickly under pressure
- Service-oriented approach in working with technical and non-technical business owners and different personality types
- High attention to detail and high level of organization required to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Reliable, dependable and professional
- Career-minded individual seeking opportunity for future growth
- Diploma or BSc Degree in Engineering, Construction Coordination, Mechanical Estimating or related field would be an asset
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, inspection reports, etc.
- Ability to manage subcontractors and vendors
- Ability to negotiate and track change orders with both owners and subcontractors
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at a time
- Ability to meet sensitive timelines
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite including MS Excel, and MS Project
- Manual Takeoff experience is required, Quickpen experience an asset
Competitive salary and benefits package.
If you’re interested in a fulfilling career with Ocean Park Mechanical, please send submit an application below. Only those candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted for an interview.