Ocean Park Mechanical is one of the premier design-build mechanical contractors in Western Canada and Western USA, with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, and British Columbia. Specializing in value-added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible.
With projects ranging from multi-family residential, hotels, and offices, as well as institutional and commercial projects, we have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service possible for our clients. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D BIM services, plumbing, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, controls, and maintenance, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary: $65,000 to $95,000 D.O.E
- Company Paid Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life & Vision
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plan
- 401 (K) with Company Match up to 4%
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
Ocean Park Mechanical is seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our growing design tea. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in building construction projects as part of OPM’s design-build team.
Reporting Structure: This position will report directly to the Regional Project Manager.
- Support the design team lead and fellow designers in completing all construction documentation
- Conduct construction field reviews and prepare review reports
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to produce coordinated design solutions
- Develop design documents, plans, schematics, reports, and calculations in compliance with client standards, company standards, and appliable local code and regulations
- Conduct load calculations and specify mechanical equipment
- Provide technical support to OPM construction team and its sub-trades for troubleshooting and time/cost-efficient installation process
- Attend internal and external design and construction progress meetings
- Provide technical support to internal BIM clash detection team in resolving conflicts between different building services systems
- Review equipment shop drawings and carry out construction administrative tasks
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering or a related field
- Engineer-In-Training registration if applicable
- 2-4 years of directly related experience
- Fluent in AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam Revu, Navisworks, Procore, and Trace 700
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 365 software tools
- Work experience in plumbing or sheet metal trades is considered an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of Canadian building services codes and standards
- Knowledge of American building services codes and standards is considered an asset
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and electrical drawings with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to meet sensitive timelines
- Collaborative teamwork skills to achieve organizational goals
- Self-motivated and initiative taker on a wide variety of tasks
- Confident decision-making skills and high ethical standards
- Proven English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
Ocean Park Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you’re interested in a fulfilling career with Ocean Park Mechanical, please submit your application. Only those candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted for an interview.