Los Angeles, CA
Ocean Park Mechanical is one of the premier design-build mechanical contractors in Western USA and Western Canada, with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, and British Columbia. Specializing in value-added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible.
With projects ranging from low-rise wood frame construction to high-rise hotels, offices, and condominiums, as well as industrial and commercial projects, we have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service for our clients. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D BIM services, plumbing, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary: $65,000 to $100,000+ D.O.E
- Company Paid Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life & Vision
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plan
- 401 (K) with Company Match up to 4%
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
Ocean Park Mechanical is seeking a Mechanical HVAC Design Technician to join our growing design team. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in building construction projects as part of OPM’s design-build team.
Reporting Structure: This position will report directly to the Regional Project Manager.
- Convert Engineer’s markups into working models and drawings.
- Understand, layout and size the fundamental Mechanical systems.
- Route Mechanical systems and size appropriately.
- Understand the scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and be able to prepare and deliver drawings to the appropriate level.
- Understand and apply codes requirements to Mechanical Systems.
- Obtain ability and experience to manage and deliver revisions and sketches.
- Participate in BIM design coordination meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering or Drafting Degree (BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineer, AS Drafting and Design, or equivalent degree)
- Developing knowledge (1-3 years) of Mechanical / HVAC Systems and Equipment.
- Developing knowledge of Mechanical codes (0-2 years).
- Working knowledge of Revit MEP. AutoCAD knowledge.
- Working knowledge in creating and editing Revit Families.
- Basic understanding of BIM cycle applied to MEP.
- Ability to think in a 3D environment.
- Prior experience in an MEP consulting environment is considered an asset.
- Revit MEP design experience and/or completion of Revit training course considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of American building services codes and standards
- Some knowledge of Canadian building services codes and standards is considered an asset but not required
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and electrical drawings with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to meet sensitive timelines
- Collaborative teamwork skills to achieve organizational goals
- Self-motivated and initiative taker on a wide variety of tasks
- Confident decision-making skills and high ethical standards
- Proven English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
Ocean Park Mechanical is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you’re interested in a fulfilling career with Ocean Park Mechanical, please submit your application. Only those candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted for an interview.