Los Angeles, CA
Job description and responsibilities
Ocean Parks Mechanical is looking for a Mechanical Design Technician to work in our Los Angeles (Downtown) office.
As part of the Design Team and oversight by Senior Staff you will:
- Convert Engineer’s markups into working models and drawings.
- Understand, layout and size the fundamental Mechanical systems.
- Route Mechanical systems and size appropriately.
- Understand the scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and be able to prepare and deliver drawings to the appropriate level.
- Understand and apply codes requirements to Mechanical Systems.
- Obtain ability and experience to manage and deliver revisions and sketches.
- Participate in BIM design coordination meetings.
Job requirements :
Qualified candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of Revit MEP. AutoCAD knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge in creating and editing Revit Families.
- Developing knowledge (1-3 years) of Mechanical / HVAC Systems and Equipment.
- Developing knowledge of Mechanical codes (0-2 years).
- Understanding of BIM cycle applied to MEP.
- Ability to think in a 3D environment.
- Engineering or Drafting Degree ((BS Architectural Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineer, AS Drafting and Design, or equivalent degree) is a plus.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Prior experience in an MEP consulting environment.
- Revit MEP design experience and/or Revit training course completed.
Compensation is competitive and Dependent on Experience. Benefits include 100% Medical and Dental Insurance for the whole family.
Ocean Park Mechanical is one of the premier design-build mechanical contractors of Western USA and Western Canada, with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, and British Columbia. Specializing in value added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible.
With projects ranging from low rise wood frame construction to high rise hotels, offices, and condominiums, as well as industrial and commercial projects, we have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service for our clients possible. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D-design, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract – Pay: From $70,000.00 per year