Los Angeles, CA
Ocean Park Mechanical is one of the premier design-build mechanical contractors of Western USA and Western Canada, with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, and British Columbia. Specializing in value added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible.
With projects ranging from low rise wood frame construction to high rise hotels, offices, and condominiums, as well as industrial and commercial projects, we have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best possible service for our clients. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D-design, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage all subcontractors/suppliers on each project while also directing the Superintendent. The PM is responsible for ensuring that all contracted work is executed in accordance with the company’s policies, including contract documents, budget, schedule, safety, quality control and customer satisfaction.
Duties will include:
- Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers and co-workers
- Participate in the design development process to collaborate and value-engineer construction methods to reduce time and cost
- Establish and maintain project schedules and budgets, and manager overall project delivery
- Ensure contractor compliance of life safety/OSHA requirements are met on all job sites to minimize risk
- Manage submittal process, change order negotiations and contract compliance
- Establish effective relationships and strive for a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and able to lead and coach team members
- Thoughtful and confident decision-making and high ethical standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think and react quickly under pressure
- Service-oriented approach in working with technical and non-technical business owners and different personality types
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
- Reliable, dependable and professional
- 5+ years of experience in Plumbing/HVAC project management
- Design Build and jobsite experience is preferred
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, inspection reports, etc.
- Significant knowledge of construction methods as well as an understanding of municipalities and the permit processes
- Ability to manage subcontractors and vendors
- Ability to negotiate and track change orders with both owners and subcontractors
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at a time
- Ability to direct Superintendent to ensure accurate completion of project scope
- Ability to meet sensitive timelines
- Strong knowledge of Building Code and Safety Regulations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite including MS Excel, and MS Project
Competitive salary and benefits package.
If you’re interested in a fulfilling career with Ocean Park Mechanical, please send submit an application below. Only those candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted for an interview.