Ocean Park Mechanical (OPM) is one of the premier design-build mechanical contractors of Western USA and Western Canada, with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, and British Columbia. Specializing in value added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible.
With projects ranging from low-rise and high-rise residential, hotels, and offices, as well as industrial and commercial projects, we have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service possible for our clients. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D-design, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Designer to work in our South Surrey head office on low-rise and high-rise residential projects in Western USA (WA, OR, CA) and Canada (BC). The Senior Designer will be part of a team of approx. 30 designers and will have the opportunity to provide leadership and collaboration with a large team. This position will report directly to the BIM Manager.
Duties will include:
- Setup and prepare drawings
- Review project files and ensure compliance with standards and protocols
- Provide support and mentoring to junior designers
- Assisting Project Managers and Superintendent with drawing production
- Produce accurate 2D drawings, 3D models, and spool sheets
- Coordinate drawing production line with project requirements and in conjunction with other disciplines
- Build schematics
- Participate in clients and construction meetings as required
- Work closely with site Foreman to provide project execution guidance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years in the construction industry
- Strong background in either mechanical contracting, plumbing or engineering components
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Ability to design in 2D and 3D
- Proficiency with Autodesk products (CAD), Navisworks, Victaulic Tools, or SysQue is required
- REVIT would be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite including MS Excel and MS Project
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at a time
- Ability to meet sensitive timelines
- Self-motivated, with initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Thoughtful and confident decision making and high ethical standards
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think and react quickly under pressure
A competitive salary and benefits package including a matching GRSP will be offered to the successful applicant.